23 December 2019
Coalition of NGOs for Child Protection in Kosovo – KOMF, held the ceremony of annual awards for journalism and “Friend of Children” acknowledgements, in the field of social protection and decentralization of social services, with focus on children’s rights in Kosovo.
The opening ceremony was made by Donjeta Kelmendi, Executive Director at KOMF, who said that Coalition’s main focus for 2020 will be mobilization towards implementation of the Law on Child Protection, in which case she required the support of journalists for raising awareness regarding implementation of this Law.
In the opening speech, Hillen Francke, Deputy Head of the Cooperation Section of the EU Office in Kosovo/EU Special Representative, said that family, school and teachers play key roles regarding implementation of children’s rights, however government is the main responsible actor for the implementation of the Law on Child Protection.
The assessment of the articles/stories for journalism, was made by the panel consisting of Evliana Berani – journalist, Eglantina Kraja Bardhi – Doctor of Psychology at UBT College and Imer Mushkolaj – journalist. The presentation of the evaluation for journalism was made by the leader of Evaluation Panel Evliana Berani, who presents the six journalists awarded with the annual award 2019 and summarize these stories.
The annual awards 2019 in the field of journalism were awarded as follows:
- Journalist Adelina Ahmeti from BIRN/Kallxo.com with a set of three articles: “Takimi i mësuesit me fëmijët Kosovarë të kthyer nga Siria dhe Iraku”, “Sfidat e deradikalizimit me fëmijë” dhe “Sfidat e integrimit në arsim për fëmijët e kthyer nga Siria”, won the Annual Award 2019, which was awarded by Hillen Francke, Deputy Head of the Cooperation Section of the EU Office in Kosovo / EU Special Representative.
- Journalist Ardita Rashiti from T7 with the topic “Humbin vitin, përjashtohen nga shkolla 58 nxënës”, won the Annual Award 2019, which was awarded by Hilmi Jashari, Ombudsperson.
- Journalist Besnik Krasniqi from Koha Ditore with the topic “Rikthim në kasolle”, won the Annual Award 2019, which was awarded by Muhamet Arifi, Executive Director at Balkan Sunflowers in Kosovo.
- Journalist Blerta Ahmeti from Klan Kosova with the topic “Pedofilia, Kosova pa dosje”, won the Annual Award 2019, which was awarded by Valbona Citaku, Executive Director at Shpresa dhe Shtëpi për Fëmijë.
- Journalist Kaltrina Rexhepi from RTK with the topic “E drejta e kufizuar”, won the Annual Award 2019, which was awarded by Afrim Maliqi, Executive Director at HANDIKOS.
- Journalist Leonida Molliqaj with the topic “Gjuetarët e mbeturinave; Grumbulluesit e shfrytëzuar të skrapit në Kosovë”, won the Annual Award 2019, which was awarded by Florina Duli, Country Director at Terre des hommes.
KOMF awarded the acknowledgments “Friend of Children” for individuals or entities who have contributed to the protection and social services and child protection.
The assessment of the nominations for the “Friend of Children” acknowledgements was made by the panel consisting of Igballe Rrahmani – Ombudsperson Institution, Dren Rexha – Social Protection Specialist and Taulant Hoxha – Executive Director at Kosovar Civil Society Foundation.
Annual acknowledgments “Friend of Children 2019”, were awarded as follows:
- Meridian Express Company, won the “Friend of Children 2019” acknowledgement, which was awarded by Vlorian Molliqaj, Executive Director at Action for Mothers and Children.
- Foster family from Gjakova Bore dhe Zef Dedaj, won the “Friend of Children 2019” acknowledgement, which was awarded by Ibadete Krasniqi, Executive Director at Organization for Children without Parental Care.
- Kosovo Manufacturing Club, won the “Friend of Children 2019” acknowledgement, which was awarded by Nezahat Salihu, Executive Director at SOS Children’s Villages in Kosovo.
KOMF, would like to thank all those present, media representatives, journalists, partners and associates, businesses and corporations, who have consistently shown their goodwill and willingness to cooperate on behalf of our common cause, protection of children’s rights in Kosovo.